Journey Of The Fallen
Speed: 5 squares
Languages: Common, Dwarven Deity: Bahamut
Alignment: Lawful Good
Str 18 Con 12 Dex 8
Int 10 Wis 13 Cha 14
Dwarven Racial Traits
Cast-Iron Stomach (+5 racial bonus on saves vs poison)
Dwarven Resilience (second wind as minor action)
Dwarven Weapon Proficiencies: throwing hammer and warhammer
Encumbered speed (normal speed with armor or heavy load)
Stand your ground (be pulled, pushed, or slided 1 square less)
Paladin Class Features
Power Source: Divine
Armor Proficiencies: Cloth, leather, hide, chainmail, scale, plate, light shield, heavy shield
Weapon Proficiencies: Simple melee, military melee, simple ranged
Implement: Holy symbol
Bonus to Defense: +1 Fortitude, +1 Reflex, +1 Will
Hit Points: 27
Healing Surges per Day: 12
Channel Divinity: Divine Mettle, Divine Strength
Lay on Hands
Power Attack (+2 damage and -2 attack)
Endurance: 6 (trained)
Insight: 6 (trained)
Intimidate: 7 (trained)
Religion: 5 (trained)
Plate armor (with crude symbol of Bahamut handpainted on chest)
Holy Symbol (brass statuette of dragon’s paw, painted in platinum)
Bardek was born as the third son of the Luthger clan in the dwarven hold of Hammerfast. He spent his early years working in the family business, excavating and working gems from the Dawnforge Mountains.
3 years ago, the Luthger clan was unjustly discredited by their competitors, the Hilldigger clan, forcing all members to be exiled. Bardek spent the next years, along with his family, in Nenlast mostly whiling and complaining their days away, their newly built business but a shadow of their form glory.
6 months ago, Bardek got a vision from Bahamut on how to retribute the Hilldigger clan, and redeem his own family name. He returned to Hammerfast and intimidated his ex-best friend Hurmur, son of the Hilldigger clan, to admit their treachery. His attempt at redemption proved unsuccessful, though; Bardek got chased out, nearly escaping with his life. He blames this failure not on Bahamut, but on his rashfulness, which is the reason why he now considers every option three times before making any decision and acting upon it.
Turning to a new life
Admitting his defeat before his clan, he decided himself to be exiled from them (to the grief and disagreement of his other family members). Now roaming the world, he’s determined to bring justice to all, in the name of Bahamut, in whom he still strongly believes. He bought his sword and armor in Harkenwold, and crudely painted on a depiction of the Platinum Dragon himself on the breast plate of his harness. His holy symbol is a brass depiction of a dragon’s paw, coated in platinum paint, which he got from the Order of the Radiant Lion in Harkenwold in exchange for doing services.
Bardek arrived in Fallcrest two weeks ago, and upon his arrival stumbled over a drunken man named Borghar outside of the Nentir Inn. He took him inside, bought him food and a room, and have him sobered and cleaned up.
- Always tries to find the best, most honest solution to a problem, taking pains or putting everything on hold until one is found (afraid of making a mistake as terrible as his first one again).
- Headfast; once his mind is made up, he rarely comes back on a decision.
- Will always accept any plea for help, unless he knows it will bring more bad than good.
- Respects and upholds the law and authority, but only if he believes it is for the greater good.
- Always accepting of any person in need, no matter what race, social status, or reputation.
- Uplifting, hopeful, and encouraging; ready with a joke or kind word where necessary.
Likes and Dislikes
- Can appreciate a well-crafted gem, but can easily part with it, when needed more by someone else.
- Speaks very passionately about his clan and the injustice brought upon them, but is reluctant to speak about his own failure.
- Speaks very passionately about Bahamut and his ideals, but also quickly knows when his sermons are inappropriate or unwelcome.
- Dislikes beer or ale, preferring wine instead (elven wine being his favorite). He will never admit this to anyone though, and will politely empty any mug placed before him.
- Feels uncomfortable in big crowds
- Enjoys dwarven card and dice games
- Always licks his lips when in deep thought.
- Impatiently and irritatingly taps the handle of his hammer to his leg when he’s unable to act out a decision he just made.
Catchphrases and Battle Cries
- When rushing into battle: Taste the Platinum Dragon’s ire!
- When marking a foe: Are you ready to face Bahamut’s judgement?
- When hearing about a wrongdoer: (whispered) May Bahamut’s judgement over him/her be swift and just.
- When Laying on Hands: (muttered) The Just Lord wash away your wounds.